Using Chrome Beta, Dev or Chromium? Give me some time!
Looks like there are some lingering issues with Missing e on non-stable versions of Chrome. Issues include Missing e control icons not showing on posts and the Quick Reblog menu not always showing up.
I will be looking into this problem today.
Missing e v2.9.7 - Fix for slow Quick Reblog in Chrome
Chrome users who found that their Quick Reblog feature has been slow since version 2.9.6 can now update to fix the problem! Safari and Firefox users don’t need to worry.
Just go to this page and follow the instructions:
Q:hello,I have a slight problem! :) my browser (I use Chrome currently) wont let me update missing e onto the 2.3.7 version! I really dont know what exactly to do to fix that probem D: could you maybe,only of possible,help me out and see if there are people who have the same problem as me?
Oops. That would be because I forgot to upload the Chrome version!
It should be ready in a few minutes, sorry!
Chrome users with non-running ‘Missing e’ extension, I need your help!
A small number of users have found that sometimes Missing e just stops running every once in a while. If you disable and re-enable it or uninstall/reinstall it, Missing e starts working again.
However, I’m trying to pin down the root cause. Since it hasn’t happened to me, I’m going to need some help!
Willing Chrome users: Next time your Missing e stops working, please contact me before you fix it, so I can get you to check a few things!
Permissions request in ‘Missing e’ for Chrome
Note: This only pertains to users of Missing e for Google Chrome
Last night, when I uploaded the new version 2.2.10 of Missing e, I made a bit of a mistake.
I was toying with a feature that would allow you to export and import Missing e settings automatically. In doing so, I accidentally left in a new permission request for access to the “clipboard”. I’ve since removed that in version 2.2.11. All of the other permissions required by Missing e have not changed!
The permissions normally required by Missing e sound a little over-the-top, but this post will explain why they are needed and how Missing e uses them: Security and Permissions in ‘Missing e’
For anyone that updated last night, Missing e may have been automatically disabled if you did not tell Chrome it is allowed to have this new permission. You need to re-enable it. Here’s how:
- Go to the Chrome menu (click on the wrench icon at the top right of your browser)
- In the menu, go to Tools and click on Extensions
- In the page that comes up, find Missing e and make sure that “Enabled” is turned on
If you did not update last night, this will most likely not affect you!
Does your Chrome version of ‘Missing e’ stop working OFTEN? Then I need your help!
A small subset of users sometimes find that the Chrome version of Missing e periodically stops working for no apparent reason. You can tell when it isn’t running if there is no e. icon beside the Tumblr logout button on your dashboard.
Normally, this can be fixed by disabling and re-enabling Missing e. However, I want to get to the bottom of this problem.
If you are willing to do a bit of back-and-forth debugging (and respond quickly and often, strong computer skills are a plus) and your Missing e on Chrome:
- stops working often (two times a month or more), and
- has done so recently (in the last two weeks)
please contact me to help out!
Troubleshooting Missing e on Google Chrome
For some reason, extensions on the Chrome browser can stop working from time to time. Usually it is only temporary, and so far I can find no reason for it.
If you use Missing e on Chrome and you find, one day, that Missing e doesn’t appear to be working, do not despair!
First, double-check that Missing e is, in fact, not running. If you open your Tumblr Dashboard and the e. icon doesn’t show up beside the Tumblr logout button at the top right of the page, then follow these steps to disable and re-enable Missing e:
- First, do not uninstall and reinstall Missing e unless the following steps do not work. If you uninstall, you will lose all of your Missing e settings!
- In the Google Chrome menu (the wrench icon at the top right of the browser window), go to Tools and click on Extensions.
- In the list of browser extensions that comes up, find Missing e.
- Click the "Disable" button just underneath. The Missing e entry will turn from white to grey.
- In that very same entry in the list, click the "Enable" button (exactly where the "Disable" button was) and the Missing e entry will turn back to white.
- Reload your Tumblr pages and Missing e should begin working again.
Solving the Chrome install error: Invalid value for ‘permissions’
This means that your version of Google Chrome is way too old. You need to update, and you’ve needed to for quite a while.
- Go to the menu (the wrench icon)
- Click on "About Google Chrome"
- It should automatically start downloading the update
- When it is done, restart Google Chrome
- Then, you should be able to install Missing e