Missing e version 2.2.0 restores tag reblogging in the Better Reblogs feature.
Missing e was the first tool to allow you to automatically add an original post’s tags when reblogging. For a few months, Tumblr attempted to implement this feature themselves, but recently they’ve removed it for whatever reason.
Full control over tag reblogging has been restored in Missing e version 2.2.0.
In the settings (which you can access like this), under Better Reblogs you can configure how you’d like your Tumblr reblogs to behave!
These are the settings:
- Keep original post tags when reblogging
- When this is on, tags from the original post will be carried over (automatically or manually, see the following setting)
- Automatically add original tags to reblog post
- When this is on (and the "Keep original post tags when reblogging" setting is also on), the original tags are automatically added in the new reblog post.
- When this is off (and the "Keep original post tags when reblogging" setting is still on), the original tags are not automatically added to the new reblog post, but you can manually add them by clicking on the "Reblog Tags" button.
Not only are tags on dashboard posts rebloggable, but also when you reblog a post from the post’s permalink page (like this one). However, Missing e uses Tumblr’s RSS feed to get the tags for posts when you reblog from the permalink page, so it takes a moment.
When the reblog button is replaced with this, it is ready to be reblogged with tags:
If for some reason, Tumblr’s servers are not responding, Missing e will retry getting the tags. After a few attempts, the reblog button will be replaced with this, to indicate that tags will not be reblogged this time:
Note that this only applies to post permalink pages. Tag reblogging will always work when reblogging from the dashboard!
If you’ve previously configured tag reblogging to your preferences in the settings, the new version of Missing e will automatically take your choice into consideration when updating.
If you want the new version immediately, DO NOT uninstall and reinstall Missing e, instead, read the instructions on how to update:
Firefox users: Until the new version of the extension is reviewed by the Mozilla Add-Ons site, you can update just by installing the new version over top of your existing one, from here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/missing-e/versions/
Download Missing e at missinge.infraware.ca
If you enjoy this extension, please consider donating to support future development.